12 April, 2007

What A Mess!

Okay, I attempted to make corned beef and potatoes. I actually cooked the corned beef a day ahead because I wasn't going to have time to make supper...softball game all evening...I figured I would just heat it up with potatoes, and serve a nice meal with little time. Boy was I wrong! I am not an amateur cook, though I play one in real life. I took a page from lindyloos blog and took a photo of my catastrophe.


I put the dish in the oven WITH the plastic saran wrap still on!!! What was I thinking?!!? I have to honestly say that I didn't think anything wrong about it until I went to remove it. Where was the plastic wrap? It must have melted onto the beef? I don't know. I even ruined my pot holders because the plastic on the sides of the dish fused to them! The kids didn't want to eat it... I'm not sure if its even safe to eat. However, the potatoes were delicious! I cooked them in olive oil, garlic and piri piri. A bit spicy but tasty, if I dare say so myself.

2 comments:

Lindy said...

Where are the pictures!! I want to see pictures!!

ossy said...

I will post them soon...