10 April, 2007

Strep and Old Age

Okay, I finally took K to the doctor this morning. Our pediatrician is off today, so we stopped to see someone in the building. Now, I'm entering this to say that she has strep throat, which I suspected late yesterday. I'm going to divert your attention to another fact that is equally troubling to me about my visit today. The nurse practitioner was a mere baby! She looked so freakin young! I got slammed with a dose of reality, I'm 30 years old! I kind of forgot. Where did the years go? My babies are all in school, I'm looking for a job. I feel like life is beginning again. I'm a little scared. A bit anxious. A lot depressed.

2 comments:

Lindy said...

You'll be fine. 30 is YOUNG. Try being almost 40!! Just remember that you're starting over again and to take baby steps. Did you call Wendy about the possible job?? You're lucky, you'll still be relatively young when the kids are gone. I'll be 54 when Squidge is 18!!!!!

Anonymous said...

K has strep throat and you had her visting on Easter. If I catch strep throat you know who I'm going after.

Princess Di