07 September, 2007

Job search Rollercoaster Update

Okay....on Tuesday, I got great news! A job offer, more $$$, better benefits......nights!!!??!?

What the %!@%?!

So now I've ben waiting to see what happens.....no more days are available....Why? well, because they called me on a friday evening to give me an offer, after I clearly stated that I work nights! So, of course, holiday weekend...didn't get in touch until Tuesday...after she apparently offered up all the day shifts.

I even offered to work the awful shift she offered until a day shift opens up....haven't heard back yet.

So, I was feelings grand at first....now I'm slipping into a depression.....if I don't hear from her today....I will surely crawl into bed and sulk!

I will call later this afternoon...to followup. I am so down!

I'm assuming that the shift she offered me is taken, by the lack of a response to my suggestion! Isn't this just my luck? I should right a book! A "how-not-to" book, that is.

I did have the other job offer....I told him that I would get back to him by the end of this week...when I figure out my schedule...Damn!
It seems like I'm going to lose out on both offers now!

Well, enough about me.

The kids got right back to the usual school routine without much of a hitch. Their schedule is going well, so far. Mine, on the other hand is killing me. Down by 12:30AM - up by 6AM.....not much time for my beauty sleep, now is it?

I was soooo looking forward to having a normal day shift...OOOPS, I'm back to talking about me again!

The kids...well, everything is going well. Nothing much to post about that.
I do have a comment to post about movie ratings though! That embarrasing episode is for another day!

Well, I do have today off....I will be signing T up for baseball (for next season)
And, maybe soccer for T and K....I'm not sure yet...because my work schedule is up in the air!

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll have my passport in time for my somewhat-planned-but-not-really trip at the end of the month! Bummer! Then again, I'm so down...I might leave and disappear somewhere! (joking, for all you serious ones - no I don't need an intervention!)

I'll keep ya'll posted on any changes to my mundane life-interesting or not.

2 comments:

Lindy said...

well that sucks schwetty balls!! I hope everything works out!

Anonymous said...

Son of a bitch! I can't believe that!! Well keep your options open and keep applying. Something is bound to come up. If I hear of any positions opening at school I will let you know... the pay will suck however.