27 June, 2007

UPdates

Hello to anyone wondering where I have been.....
Let me start by stating that I have been diagnosed with Lyme disease.
Hip hip hooray. Damn ticks! I've been feeling miserable for the past week and suspected I had lyme because I knew the symptoms (too many people I know have had it or still have it) I tried to hold out until my insurance begins but if not for my kids, I would have thrown myself in front of a bus. I kid you not! I've been very irrational lately. I think its been a pain induced stupor. I left work early on Sunday. I had to take Monday of (with a dr.'s note). I have to go into work tonight. I have more than enough Vicadin for the pain. However, as with anything that goes wrong with me....it can always get worse. The antibiotics that I was prescribed made me projectile vomit. Both times that I took it. So, as of yet, I have not begun my meds, officially. The DR. called this morning and he told me STOP, he will fax over a new presciption. It appears I'm one of a few people who don't take kindly to that particular med. See?, it can always get worst.

Just to prove my point....if the above doesn't do it for you....wait until my emergency room visit bills come in. Yep.

As for the the cookout, I didn't hear about it until this past Saturday, I didn't think I was invited. No big deal, I had to work that evening.....and I was not very pleasant, since I'm still feeling sick. I hope to see you at the graduation party Mary! Hopefully I'll be feeling better by then. As a matter of fact. 7/7....I better be feeling better!

On a brighter note, I got a new car. Well, not exactly new. 2004 GM w/ 17,000 miles. That's as new as I'll ever get. I'm so broke right now. I'm looking for a job with more hours and better pay. I'm still waiting to see what my score was on my police exam......I no it's a shot in hell. I just hope I get a respectable score. Otherwise I'm not sharing it with anyone....Stupidity is embarrasing to me.

I've been so distracted with my health issues that I never dropped off anything for my dad on Father's day. I know, I'm terrible. I also never got anything for my husband on his birthday, which was Sunday. Terrible, again, I know. In my defense, I couldn't move. I was physically exhausted and couldn't drive unless absolutely necessary because of my intense headaches that have plagued me for days on end. I will make it up to them all today. Even though I still am feeling sick....it's not nearly so bad. I have some house chores to catch up on and some office work....then I'm all set to head out in this swealtering heat. I hope everyone is keeping cool and staying safe.....and remember those body checks for those pesky microscopic ticks!
Oh, before I go, I don't want to forget to thank M****l for her kindness. (She helped me with my precriptions....since I have no insurance) She is full of goodness! Remember that M**t ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi S-
I heard about that damn Lyme Disease.. Matt's dad and sister both have it. If you need more info. I'm only a phone call away. Hope to see you on Sat., if not Alex's is on 7/7... Not sure if my dad sent the invites out... Hope you feel better!! Love yoU!