09 May, 2007

So much to do....So little time

Well, a lot has happened since Sunday.
Let me start by saying I took my second exam in Boston on Monday and I choked. Yep, flunked. I'm embarrassed to state that but its the truth. It was sooo easy too. I just couldn't get over the pressure. Everytime the phone rang, my mind just went to mush. When I hung up the call....well, back came the brain function. Along with a few curses at myself. I knew exactly what I did wrong on every call. I even took notes to remind myself. But Alas, it was NOT meant to be.
Anyhoo, I did start training on Monday afternoon for the job I DID get. Silly, this job is 10X more demanding than the one I flunked at. Go figure. Its going to be very difficult to hold down both this job and my old one at the same time, still get the kids off to school in the morning and keep up with some chores. I'm really anxious to leave by about 8:30 PM, so 10 PM comes on very slowly. It's a LOT of information to absorb in the next 6 weeks. I hope I can handle it. As A matter of fact, getting to work on time will be my most difficult challenge. I can already predict trouble. I'm sooo bad in that respect. Well, what will be will be, so they say.
I am going to follow through with the polic exam that I signed up for and PAID for after a big fight with big J.
My mommy laughed when I told her the exam is in less than 2 weeks. What is so funny about me being a police officer??? Plenty of women do it.
I have three kids that I'm always mediating between. I already drive a grand marquis (which causes people to tense up and move the hell out of my way on the highway) - which is a good thing because I'm usually speeding from one thing or the other. Also, I grew up in NB....so I know the ways of the drug dealers, thieves, and thugs. Went to school with quite a few of them, matter of fact. So I think I stand just as good a chance as any other woman taking this exam. As long as I don't choke.

1 comment:

Lindy said...

Are you going to be taking the test for the Middleborough police? I think it's a great idea. Good luck! Ask mom for help, that's what she's there for!!