27 March, 2007

Birthday Party & Work

Well, the party was nice. The only time I had them all together was for lunch. Then, they were off! They were all great kids, less the burping contests they enjoyed so much....I didn't care for those. I never witnessed the birthday cake or singing because a certain little man had to go to the bathroom just before the big finale!! By the time I finished with him, all was over. I was a bit sad to not have been there, not even a picture. Oh, well.....
Sometimes when I think I'm over the trouble and hassle of having tiny tots running around, I'm reminded that indeed, I still have a six year old.
J was surprised to receive a card and $$$ from our cousin Maryann. So sweet, she always remembers. Hopefully he will be giving her a "thank you" call very soon.

Work. Work. Work.
I am trying for an interview with a local company. I sent an email yesterday, and I plan on stopping by to follow up today or tomorrow. I will probably need to go back to school for a degree...how stupid! Most companies don't care where you went or what you received a degree in....so long as you got one. Do they think these kids are somehow smarter?? I'm sure the ones who graduate and then work in their field are, but if someone goes to school for 2 or 4 years and then applies for a CS position....thats all I'm going to say on that subject.

However, reality stings sometimes.
I'm so used to being at home, even though I've been working in the business these last couple of years....its not the same. Its a big transition.

On one hand I have someone yellling in my ear to get a job and start earning some money and in the same breath stating that I'll never make much. How sweet. Jerk!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

real nice

Lindy said...

You have to start somewhere. Don't listen to the negative. Sorry I missed J's party. I miss every family event. I'm sending him something for his birthday, is he still into GI Joes??

ossy said...

Even I missed him blowing out the candles!! He still likes gi joe, and his video games. I can't figure him out. He has NO other interests. It drives me crazy.